A Little Reminder to be Kind, Always

9:22:00 pm



Hello! It's been a while since I write something. I had some topic I wanted to talk about, but rather than reading, nowdays people prefer to listen to videos more. Sadly, I'm not good when I'm talking coz everything will jumble up inside my brain and I will start rambling instead of talking about what I wanted to say. But it came to a point where I miss writing. So here I am... Maybe I should write for myself instead.


So this is my self-quarantine day 62. How about you?


Quite a long time yeah? I believe you guys also do your self-quarantine properly. OK.. This post actually something that just popped up this morning... I never intended to write something these days, but a heartfelt voice note from my friend last night really touched my heart.




The backstory about this post is that voice note actually.

We're friends from high school, but we never been in the same class, but we know each other because we share the same circle of friends... But we are not that close. I think I never talk to her since we graduated from high school. Until several month ago, we start to keep in contact again, thanks to instagram. LOL.. I don't remember who starts, but I remember she was asking me to meet up. Just for 20 minutes is enough, she said.


To be honest, I'm not the type who like to hang-out with people I'm not close with. You can ask my friends, that I sometimes declined their offer to meet up.. But somehow, at that time my heart told me to meet her. And so we met up... Short story, after that meet up, we met up again several times, just to hang out and I think nothing out of it. So never in my mind, I would get such a heartfelt VN from her. I never thought that meeting up with her actually help her. All I did was meeting up with her and listen to her story.. Something I would do for my friends.


But thanks to her voice note, she made me remember that something small I do for others might be a big deal for them. It made me remember that I should keep doing it, whatever small or big; a kindness is a kindness. Don't think too much about what will I gain out of it, because sometimes, that little things I did can save someone.




Because I believe life is not about give and take; life is about giving. When you give, you also receive. When you take, you gain nothing.




And that's what I wanted to say for today. :)

Have a great day, and happy fasting for people who do..





Sincerely,
Anastasia


---

Follow me:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Leave your foot print here . . . ◕ ◡ ◕ •°